Female Sex Offenders (stats from a British study)
- 86% of survivors of sexual abuse were not believed when they said the abuser was a woman.
- most people believe women only molest children when coerced by a male; in fact research shows that women often take the lead
- Women commit 25% of all child sexual abuse
- despite the seriousness of these offences, women generally escaped custodial sentences
- It was more traumatic to be sexually abused by a woman - children feel more betrayed, they feel very angry, they feel the woman should have cared for them, should have loved them instead of abusing them.
- Victims often report excessive force equivalent to if not greater than that of a man
- Half the women in a recent survey of 50 convicted female sexual abusers said they derived sadistic pleasure from inflicting pain onvictims
- they often acquire a position of trust